The Guided Walk with Cliff makes you receptive to so many small details using your senses. You transition from urban noises to wild life, hear wind sounds, smell hemlock needles, see the majestic beauty of the red cedars, and feel the energy of the trees going through your body right down to your feet when touching them. Cliff even provided me with some of his homemade baking. This is a unique forest bathing experience facilitated by the guidance of a wellness professional using horticultural therapy. Thanks a million Cliff!
M. Duran – Actor, Director, Mountain Runner
About your guide Cliff Thorbes…
I’m Cliff Thorbes, your guide for a Guided Therapeutic Nature Walk.
I’m a Horticultural Therapist – Registered with the Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association and hold a current certification in Remote First Aid.
Walking in a forest environment has been shown to boost mood, reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and be more effective in producing these outcomes than walking in an urban area.
What does a GUIDED WALK consist of?
Your walk with me lasts between 2 – 2.5 hours, and is designed to be an intimate experience between you and nature.
We will meet at a designated meeting spot, and after a short introduction and some gentle stretching, we’ll be on our way. Along the walk, I provide you with interesting bits of information about native flora, and facilitate techniques that help to relax you, and help you to connect more mindfully with nature.
Please be aware…
- I take my time guiding you at a leisurely pace.
- Be prepared to navigate the occasional uneven trail, slippery rocks, muddy patch, and overhanging foliage.
- There are no accessibility features at this time.
This experience is weather dependent and may be cancelled on short notice.
What you need to bring…
- Sturdy walking footwear with good gripping tread
- Clothing appropriate for the weather (I recommend a long sleeved shirt and pants, hat, and a waterproof jacket if there are showers in the forecast)
- Medication for any health emergency you are at risk for
Requirements for this activity…
- Age minimum to attend is 10, and minors must be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- You can expect the activity level to be moderate.
- All participants must sign a Waiver/Release Agreement before participating.
Email Cliff to schedule a Guided Walk.
©Cliff Thorbes 2022