FOUNDATIONS FOR PRACTITIONERS OF HORTICULTURAL THERAPY is a course designed to provide students with the foundation for providing Horticultural Therapy services. For students with prior education and training in Horticultural Therapy, this course is an opportunity to practice skills and refresh knowledge previously learned.
- become familiar with terminology, and procedures used in providing Horticultural Therapy services
- examine templates to plan Horticultural Therapy programs, sessions, and activities
- use a model to resolve ethical dilemmas
- explore strategies for ongoing professionalism
Practice is an important part of the student’s training. In this course students will:
- Plan, carry-out, document, review, revise, and present a Horticultural Therapy Activity Plan
- Experience a variety of assessments
- Debrief case studies
- Develop a plan for ongoing professionalism
This 40-hour course uses a blended training model with a 50/50 split between group-based virtual classroom sessions on Zoom, and independent learning through completing course readings and assignments.
20-hours of instruction are provided in 5-Zoom virtual classroom sessions split over 3-weekends including:
- Weekend 1: Saturday May 1, 2021 and Sunday May 2, 2021
- Weekend 2: Saturday May 15, 2021 and Sunday, May 16, 2021
- Weekend 3: Saturday May 29, 2021
- All Zoom virtual classroom sessions are held from 10am – 2 pm PST
Another 20-hours of independent learning include completing required readings, and course assignments.
Cohorts are a minimum of six, and maximum of ten students.
The course fee is $500 + GST. To reserve a seat in the May 2021 cohort, students are required to pay their fees in full when registering. The course fee does not include the cost of the required course textbook. Students must purchase it on their own.
This course is eligible for gaining Education points towards CHTA voluntary professional registration.
Students who attend all virtual classroom sessions, participate, and complete all course assignments, qualify for a Certificate of Completion upon conclusion of the course.
***This course does not teach skills in horticulture or does it qualify a student to call themselves a Horticultural Therapist upon successful completion of it.
Email or call me at (604) 684 – 0584 to reserve your seat in the next cohort beginning May 1, 2021.