Our team had a fantastic day at Stanley Park with Cliff. We started it with a mindful stretch on the beach that relaxed our mind and body and opened our senses. We then proceeded to an adventurous walk in the forest, exploring secret hideaways and venturing the less-taken paths. We shared stories and learned how to incorporate nature into self-care. Being in nature itself is very therapeutic, and we cannot think of a better way to learn and experience improving our mental and physical well-being. We all need a day like that, and Cliff helped us to see how easy and possible we can make it happen!
J. Chen – Children, Parenting and Youth Programs, MOSAIC
Connecting with nature is healing, grounding, restorative, and helps to strengthen resilience . A walk out in nature can improve your mood, help restore attention and focus, and be an effective way to recover from stressors including technostress. Spending time connecting with nature is one important way we can all look after ourselves and feel better for it.
About Horticultural Therapy?
Horticultural Therapy (HT) is a formal practice that uses plants, horticultural activities, the garden and nature’s landscape to promote well-being for its participants.
- HT recognizes the positive benefits of the interaction between people, plants, and nature.
- HT is goal orientated with defined outcomes and assessment procedures.
- Research indicates that HT is proven to be beneficial in a variety of healthcare, residential, school and rehabilitative settings.
Who can benefit from HT?
- employees at risk for burnout
- mental illness including depression, anxiety and substance dependency
- at-risk children and youth
- stroke, spinal chord and physical disabilities
- traumatic brain injury
- developmental disabilities
- offender rehabilitation
I’m a Horticultural Therapist Registered (HTR) with the Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association, certified in Red Cross Wilderness First Aid, and a member of the West Vancouver Streamkeeper Society, and Stanley Park Ecology Society.
I provide HT inspired GUIDED NATURE WALKS. Every nature walk is customized to meet individual or group goals and includes opportunities to
- exercise outdoors
- practice relaxtion techniques
- stimulate your senses
- connect socially with others
- develop awareness and curiosity for the environment around us
Email or call me at (604) 684 – 0584 to schedule a GUIDED NATURE WALK.
ListListen to the PEAK ENERGY 4 PERFORMANCE podcast, The Power of Nature and Horticultural Therapy for Health.